» Game Day/Entertainment Internship - Edmonton Eskimos (Edmonton, AB)
» Head of Marketing and Communications - Edmonton Eskimos Football Club (Edmonton, AB)
» Future Notification Only - Canadian Football League and Teams (Various Locations, ON)
This position is a full time permanent role responsible to drive our marketing strategies and initiatives, from concept to creation.
· Develop and execute an integrated marketing program that includes traditional, digital and storytelling strategies to drive business goals
· Collaborate with internal departments to develop and execute growth initiatives for new and existing programs and products
· On-going measurement of marketing effectiveness to garner actionable insight
· Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with influencers and stakeholders
· Research products and services to evaluate fit within larger strategy
· Stay up-to-date on audience preferences and recommend strategy accordingly
· Manage third-party relationships (e.g. suppliers, contractors)
· Adhere to department budgets
· Demonstrated ability to manage an ad buy
· Competent in Google Analytics, display advertising and email marketing
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, working with cross-functional team
· Knowledge of current buying patterns, statistics and analysis, technology trends and event marketing
· Strategic thinking
· Ability to adapt to evolving priorities
· Superb communications skills
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Able to work irregular work weeks including evenings, weekends and holidays
Education & Experience:
· Post-secondary education in Marketing or Sports Management.
· 5+ years in a similar role, ideally in the sports & entertainment industry
The Edmonton Eskimos are looking for a seasonal Game Day/Entertainment Intern.
Reporting to the Game Operations Coordinator, you are at the heart of the day to day activities tied to our game day execution, including all forms of fan entertainment and community event initiatives.
This seasonal role provides invaluable hands on experience and training within the sports & entertainment industry, through assisting with pre-game Fanfest initiatives, in game events & halftime entertainment, coordination of promotional materials, set-up and tear down to coordinating our Mascots.
In addition to being a team player, you are physically able to lift at least 40 pounds and participate in prolonged physical activity. Pass catching and tackling ability is not required. The Eskimos are an equal opportunity employer – that includes the uncoordinated.
Where You Shine:
· You are an initiator with a “can-do” attitude
· You think on your feet, quickly adapting to changing priorities and directions
· You live for being behind the scene of major events
· You’re passionate to assist in creating top fan experiences
· A hands-on team player who blends easily with collaborate environment
· A need for a practicum placement for University or College credit in Sports Management, Event Management, Marketing or Business programs. This is an unpaid internship opportunity.
· A valid driver’s license and accommodation availability in Edmonton
· Availability to work long days and a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays
· Entertainment/sports or event management experience and training (a combination of both is an asset.)
This is a unique opportunity for a talented Marketing & Communications person. This full time position is responsible for ensuring consistent and cohesive messaging that is aligned to our strategic objectives.
· Ensure marketing and communications strategic efforts are cohesive, drive business goals, advance the Eskimos brand and broaden awareness
· Enhance the Eskimos positioning among target audiences through earned media, messaging and public relations
· Cultivate meaningful relationships with key external stakeholders
· Identify challenges and emerging issues and develop solution strategies accordingly
· Serve as communications counsel for the management team
· Provide leadership in development and support for new and existing programs and products
· Oversee the marketing, communications, merchandise and community departments, including project direction, budgeting and staff development
· Responsible for leading a cross-functional team of 10-12 members
· Ensure compliance with relevant legislation (e.g. CASL)
· Manage the budget for four cross-functional departments, with on-going forecasting based on historical data
· Remain ever-focused on developing strategy and business targets
· Champion excellence in marketing, communications, community and merchandise departments
· Strategic thinking
· Project management with ability to manage several project simultaneously
· Financial management
· Ability to mentor and motivate cross-functional teams to develop best possible outcomes within tight time frames, fostering innovation and authenticity
· Ability to work evenings and weekends as require
· Superb communications skills
· Analyze and report growth success
· Proven expertise in developing marketing and communication strategies aligned with business goals
· MBA or Bachelor’s degree with a Marketing and/or communications or related field
· 10+ years in a similar role, ideally with a professional sports team
· Experienced leader who fosters a positive, collaborative and best practice sharing environment
By creating a profile here, you are not considered an applicant for any particular job with the Canadian Football League. Rather, you can be notified of positions with the Canadian Football League and its teams as they become posted matching the notification buttons you checked on this application form.
If you wish to update your information, go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of this page, put in your email address and the password you used to create your profile.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ