» Future Notification Only - Canadian Football League and Teams (Various Locations, ON)
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the position is an integral part of the finance team and will be responsible for the control and coordination of the finance department activities. The Controller will be responsible for providing leadership to the Club’s financial accounting policies, financial statements, financial systems and budgeting process. The Controller also provides direct leadership to several members of the accounting team.
The position liaises with all business units to aid in budget development and financial management. In addition, the Controller provides support to the Club’s Board and Audit Committee reporting requirements and special requests for financial information, analysis and general accounting needs of the organization.
- Produces consistently accurate and reliable financial reporting to management through supervision of the daily and monthly financial reconciliation processes including achieving established deadlines
- Ensures Club’s financial activities are in accordance with established accounting standards and, in particular, standards for not-for-profit organziation’s (ASNPO)
- Provides oversight of accounts payable and receivable functions ensuring timely payment, accounting and accuracy of coding and the general ledger
- Supervises the preparation of monthly and year-end accruals, general financial reporting and working papers which provide support for the preparation of financial statements, presentation and disclosure
- Key member of the Club’s annual financial statement audit including being a key liaison with the external audit team
- Responsible for the Club’s Budgeting cycle including developing templates, liaising with business units, consolidating and summarizing information for senior management
- Provides leadership, guidance and coaching to team members
- Continuous management and support of budget activities to all business units
- Assisting Director, Finance with forecasting financial results
- Supports the quarterly financial reporting to the Club’s executives and Board and performs ad-hoc financial analysis and modeling as necessary.
- Performs cash flow forecasting supporting the Club’s cash management and investing policies
- Provides supervision of the preparation of payrolls and back-up support as required
- Provides supervision of preparation of annual T4 & T4A slips and summaries for payrolls
- Manages and maintains the organizational chart of accounts, ledgers and account reconciliation processes as well as the financial software systems
- Develops positive working relationships between the various Club departments and Finance
- Assists in the support of Rider programs and events as assigned including game day availability
- Performs other duties as delegated or assigned
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting and/or completion of a CPA accounting designation and 3-5 years of practical experience providing leadership to an organization’s financial accounting model
- 1-2 years audit experience is a definite asset
- Payroll processing experience is an asset
- Proficiency with financial management software including spreadsheets, databases and integrated financial systems
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to achieve established deadlines
- Proven communication and organizational skills to multi task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills to develop a positive team environment
- Possesses a strong work ethic to achieve organizational results
- Availability to work irregular hours and work schedules
We will be contacting qualified candidates as they are received, so do not hesitate to apply!
We thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you legally entitled to work in Canada? (This position does not qualify for a work visa) 2. What are your annual salary expectations?
1. Are you legally entitled to work in Canada? (This position does not qualify for a work visa)
2. What are your annual salary expectations?
By creating a profile here, you are not considered an applicant for any particular job with the Canadian Football League. Rather, you can be notified of positions with the Canadian Football League and its teams as they become posted matching the notification buttons you checked on this application form.
If you wish to update your information, go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of this page, put in your email address and the password you used to create your profile.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ